Let “Old Lang Syne” Lead to NEW Thinking
There’s certainly a “fun” part to entering a new year: celebrating with friends, watching the ball drop and sharing hugs and kisses. But it can also be very motivating. It’s another chance to draw a line in the sand and do something better. You can use it to make an improvement in your business, such as finally adopting print supply chain management. Or it could mean hitting an even bigger “reset button.”
But sometimes a little inspiration can help. Many well-known authors, public speakers, sports figures and others have provided it, in the form of memorable quotes about change, and having the courage to do it. Today, I’d like to share some of them with you.
Get New Year’s Inspiration You Need to Succeed from These 20 Quotes
- “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” — Dale Turner
- “Even the greatest once was a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” — Muhammad Ali
- “No one can ever take your memories from you–each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” — Catherine Pulsifer
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all–in which case you fail by default.” — J.K. Rowling
- “One day or day one. You decide.” — UNKNOWN
- “We become what we think about.” — Earl Nightingale
- “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal upon what you bring to the new year.” — Vern McLellan
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” — Dan Millman
- “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” — Tim Ferris
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream.” — Anonymous, but often attributed to C.S. Lewis
- “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.” — Kevin Ngo
- “Oh, my friend, it’s not what they take away from you that counts. It’s what you do with what you have left.” — Hubert Humphrey
- “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.” — Confucius
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — John Pierpont (J.P.) Morgan
- “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” — Steve Jobs
- “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really brave.” — UNKNOWN
- “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past” — Thomas Jefferson
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t. ” — Steve Maraboli
- “The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective — people who know to see a problem as an opportunity” — Deepak Chopra
- “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
Which Ones Resonate With You?
I like the last one. It’s simple, and it only makes sense. And once you do decide to make a change, you naturally do all you can to minimize the risk and maximize your chances for success. For business efficiency issues, especially in the area of print and promotional projects, that means getting Superior involved
We have nearly 100 years’ experience helping businesses change for the better. And our three consecutive Best of Print and Digital awards show that our customers appreciate the results they’ve achieved. Need a third “proof point?” Our ISO certification ensures that every customer and project receives our best effort.
“Tip” the Scales in Your Favor
Today is the first business day of the new year. Don’t let it end without taking at least one concrete step to improve your business this year. Here’s an easy one.
We offer plenty of print and promotional item tips, top ten lists, helpful blog rolls and features like the inspirational quotes above. Sign up for our print and promo newsletter to make sure you don’t miss valuable information that could put you (or keep you) ahead of your competition in 2020. A simple click could build plenty of momentum. Happy New Year!