Team Spirit Is About People, Not Places
Lots of coronavirus news out there and many businesses have asked employees to work from home. That can cause feelings of loneliness and separation from their teams. So today we thought we’d share some special quotes that might help heal everyone’s nerves and remind us all what’s important during challenging times.
But first I need to remind you of the great opportunity related to this situation that I mentioned Tuesday. (We’re still in the business of print management and procurement, after all.) You should check out this offer on one of our great promotional gifts for work-at-home employees.
Now, for those quotes I promised…
Quotes to Warm Up Working from Home
Sometimes, the right words can just “click” with you, and help re-frame your thinking. Or they might just help you take a deep breath and recharge a little. We’ve put together a list of quotes from people who offer a helpful perspective on work, teams, work-life balance and more. Some are “deep” and others pretty specific – but I think all of them are very relevant right now.
- “You can never over-communicate enough as a leader at a company, but at a remote company, nothing could be truer. Because you don’t physically see people in-person, information doesn’t spread in the same way, so leaders need to do the heavy lifting for evangelizing the message.” — Claire Lew, Know Your Team
- “Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls—family, health, friends, and integrity—are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” – Gary Keller, Real Estate Entrepreneur
- “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
- “We like to give people the freedom to work where they want, safe in the knowledge that they have the drive and expertise to perform excellently, whether they at their desk or in their kitchen. Yours truly has never worked out of an office, and never will.” – Sir Richard Branson, Virgin America
- “When you are inspired in your work, everything seems to fall into place.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.” – Stephen R. Covey, Author
- “It’s a paradox. How does one balance living in the now with preparing responsibly for the future? The key to this dilemma lies in the distinction between ‘worrying about the future’ and ‘preparing for the future.’ The two concepts are not at all the same.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “When you feel passionate about your work, you do not set rigid boundaries between work time and personal time, because the work itself is personal.” – Larry Smith, No Fears, No Excuses
- “Part of the beauty of remote work is being able to work on a schedule that works best for you, but if you’re online and working at all hours, you’ll start burning out quickly. We’ll need to build clear rules around how technology can be used to help us maintain those boundaries for work-life balance.” — Ryan Bonnici, G2 (formerly G2 Crowd)
- “Remote managers need to consider things like imposter syndrome, communicating intentionally with their remote teams, finding ways to talk about productivity, and communicating in writing rather than face-to-face chats.” – Becca Van Nederynen, Help Scout
Now A Few Words from Us
I really like many of those quotes, especially #8 and #9. They seem contradictory at first, but they are really saying the same thing. It’s easy to get wrapped up in your work when you love what you do. But without boundaries, some of the other things you love may suffer.
If you like thoughtful pieces like this, along with a variety of helpful business-building content, sign up for our Print and Promo newsletter so you don’t miss any. We’ve got plenty of insights to share; we’ve been helping businesses work more efficiently for nearly 100 years.
It shows, with our four consecutive Best of Print and Digital awards, based on customer feedback. And our ISO certification is one more “reason to believe.” Why not contact us right now? Learn more about that perfect promotional gift I mentioned for work-at-home employees, or the many other ways we can help you shorten your workday. Even if that workday is happening at home.