In this multi-channel, digital age, how do you interact with your target audience in a meaningful way that drives success? It can sometimes be easy to get distracted by all the bells and whistles of every possible strategy. But we at Superior Business Solutions believe that part of thriving is focus and efficiency, so we created a back-to-the basics list below that will hopefully be helpful to our 2015 goals.
If you found yourself getting pulled fifteen different directions that led nowhere last year, use this list as a framework for keeping the goals in sight.
Keeping Your Goals In Sight: 5 Ways To Interact for Success
1. Be A Source Of Information: And by information, I mean regular, relevant, and well-written information. It’s a good day at the business when your audience begins to rely on your content to inform them about your industry. Consistently helpful information is also trustworthy information; it begins to create a community around your brand, which can then be bolstered by social sharing, comment boards, forums, newsletters, etc. But it begins with the three aforementioned pillars of content: regular, relevant, and well-written.
2. Consistently Contribute: Businesses thrive on healthy discussion. The obvious answer here is blogging and social media, which are certainly important gears in the marketing machine, but it can sometimes be difficult to rise above the noise on the Internet with only a blog and a Twitter account. Think outside the box with me for a second and consider taking the time to host an event or send out a group of flyers to raise awareness and interact with your immediate community.
3. Stay Top-Of-Mind for Your Existing Customers: In the digital marketing world, there’s always the temptation to chase after new prospects. This keeps things fresh, and it’s never a bad thing to target new prospects, but not when it means neglecting old customers. Loyalty is born from consistently helpful and above-and-beyond reciprocation with your existing community. Don’t hesitate to send letters or appropriate gifts of appreciation, and never overlook the power of a hand-written note.
4. Advance Your Brand with Promotional Items: Promotional products are a great way to create brand awareness, and, by extension, they work well as a method of creating a community around your brand that allows you to better interact with your customers or client and a way for your outside community to interact with each other. This development of a community that makes people feel a part of something bigger is a powerful tool and an amazing way for you company to thrive this year.
5. Solve Problems: At the end of the day – once you look past all the bells and whistles of marketing – the purpose of your business is to solve a specific problem or cater to a certain consumer “pain point.” In today’s market, you must deliver. Interaction and awareness won’t necessarily take care of itself, but if you consistently prove to your customers that you professionally and respectfully deliver what you promise, there’s no better way to gain loyalty and momentum. One thing’s sure: consumers will listen to other consumers, and in the Internet age of consumer reports and social media broadcasting, one good report can take interaction with your target market to a very successful place.
We at Superior Business Solutions sincerely hope that this post is an effective launch pad that will help you THRIVE in 2015. Stay tuned throughout the year to hear our thoughts, hints, and reminders on how you can thrive in your personal and professional life this year. Cheers!