Has your company dived into social media? Are not seeing the results you had anticipated? If this is the case, then you need to go back and review your strategy. You may need to take a different approach. Sometimes you have to test different tactics before you find the one that is right for your target audience. Below are some of the best tactics used to grow a social media community:
- Make sure that your purpose of each platform is clearly stated and that each administrator is aware of his or her role.
- Set up a listening/monitoring team. The more you reply to your audience’s comments, the more likely they are to keep communicating.
- Educate your employees that are on the social media platforms what your expectations are and give them information on who to contact if they ever have questions or need help
- Create a content outline. This will help ensure that you are covering a variety of content in different forms, so that your audience doesn’t get bored.
- Make sure that your various platforms are branded the same as your main website. You want people to be able to make a connection back to your brand so they don’t get confused on who they are communicating with. It will give your company a more human feel and people will safer to communicate with your company.
As you can see these are just a few of the many best practices. Another major one is measuring. Make sure you are able to measure what forms of communication work best with your audience. This will give you insight that will definitely help you grow your social community faster by providing the type of information they are looking for. What tip do you find most useful?