Are you on LinkedIn? Many times we see that people start a profile and then don’t complete it. This is one of the most costly mistakes one can make because it reflects poorly on them. If you have already started creating your profile or haven’t started yet, below are 10 great ways to enhance your LinkedIn profile:
- Use widgets to integrate other tools, such as importing your blog entries or Twitter and Facebook post onto your profile.
- Answer questions in Questions and Answers. This is a great way to promote yourself and show off your expertise.
- Update your status examples of recent work.
- Share useful articles and resources that will be of interest to customers and prospects.
- Write honest and valuable recommendations for your contacts. And ask for recommendations as well.
- Post your presentations on your profile using a presentation application.
- Link to articles and content posted elsewhere, with a summary of why it’s valuable to add to your credibility.
- Interact with LinkedIn on a regular basis to reach those who may not see you on other social media sites.
- Don’t turn off your contacts. Do not use hard sell tactics because it will deter people from connecting with you.
- Use the search feature to find people by company, industry and city.
We hope that you find these tips helpful when updating your LinkedIn Page. One more important thing to remember is that if you are ever posting a link to another article make sure to read the article through thoroughly. Sometimes titles can be very deceiving, so it’s important that you read the full article and make sure the content is what you want to post. Do you have any other tips that you would add to the list above?
Photo courtesy of flickr