There are many creative ways to make the most of your charity golf tournament. Player registration fees provide a baseline for obtaining funds; however, the opportunity to raise dollars should not stop there. There are plenty of other opportunities to raise money before, during, and after your event. Below are some creative ideas to help you get started with the fundraising portion of your tournament:
Sponsorships – Reach out to the community for even sponsorships and cover the majority of a tournament’s expenses. Here are some great ideas for sponsorship.
- Practice Greens – Every golfer passes it at least twice during the day. A sponsor can have one on one interactions allowing golfers to play a quick putting game while positively representing the sponsor’s brand.
- Golf Carts – Recruit a company to sponsor every golf cast reducing the overhead of cart use.
- Golfer Gifts – Brand golfer gifts with the tournament event, and sell the opportunity for a sponsor to be represented. This will the sponsor the ability to have their brand in from of people well after the event. Some examples include, golf shirts, golf towels, golf gloves, or drinkware.
- Closest to the Pin – This contest typically takes place on a par-3 hole, and the tee shot landing closest to the pin wins. Often the tournament planners will have one on-course contest for the front-nine and the back-nine. Prizes are donated by sponsors and the hosting course.
- Putting Contest – A putting contest can be help before, during or after the tournament. This contest can serve as an additional fundraiser by charging golfers for each attempt to sink a putt from 60 feet. Insurance can be purchased for a minimal amount per golfer providing a grand prize of up to $10,000.
- Drink Cart – Raise additional money by offering a fully stocked cash-bar cart. Outfit a golf cart with drinks, ice, and snacks, then sell them to golfers during the round. Plus a drink cart provides another great opportunity for sponsorship.
- Fundraising Raffles – Reach out to local businesses month before the tournament for donations and host a raffle. Buy products through a Gold Bond distributor and save over retail.
Need more help with budgeting and organizing your outing then register for our Golf Planning Guide or contact us. We can help you with plans for all your spring events, outings, walks, runs, tradeshows, promotions, sponsorships and more.
Photo courtesy of flickr