Promote Your Blog
Establishing a blog is a large effort for anyone. Corporate blogs are especially challenging given the multiple contributors and groups that generally need to be participating. Promotions for blogging and how you treat the blog are woven together, and that affects your promotion strategy. Below, we will go over 6 tactics that will help you promote your blog and increase engagement.
Six Tips to Promoting Successfully!
- Provide new content frequently. Do not overwhelm yourself with setting unattainable goals. Start with 1 time a week and build up to a higher frequency. Remember, you are not a news provider, so not many people will be expecting you to blog multiple times a day. But the more you blog, the more Google will crawl your site, which is imperative for getting found on the web with SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Use social media sites, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to help your blog gain exposure. Grow and nurture your communities. Posting your blog links to your sites isn’t enough! You need to get involved in other communities and participate. Fortunately, social media is one of the easiest ways to promote your blog, and it’s a great way to gain momentum as a brand.
- Email your blog post to your marketing email list. People are not always going to remember to visit your blog, so take the information to them with a personalized message. Make sure you employ a strong email service and be consistent.
- Use press releases to spread the word about your product and services. Many people wrongly assume that there isn’t much newsworthy happenings at their company, but there are always events such as new products, completions of projects, new partnerships, awards, industry whitepapers, and interviews that people would be interested in hearing about.
- Establish a relationship with industry leaders or Influencers by finding out how you can help them, commenting on their blogs and then asking if they would be interested in guest blogging for you. Remember, do something for them first and ask second. Always give more than you take You have to initiate engagements to build a community around your brand.
- Write relevant content. Write for the audience you want to target and create content relevant to them not you.