Businesses often fail with social media because they don’t come up with a plan and stick to it. Often times, they don’t see the results they are expecting immediately and give up. Social media is time consuming, it takes consistency and patience. Many companies give up too early. Below are some easy to follow tips on creating a social media plan to help you company get started in the right direction.
- Get committed. Establishing a healthy social media presence can be a very slow process. You can’t expect your list of fans, followers or subscribers to grow overnight. This can take up to a year before you see any results.
- Do your research. Find out what social platforms your target audience is already on and where you can fit in. If no one is on Twitter, then you probably want to spend less time on there and more time on the platform they are on.
- Create content that is valuable to your reader. A good rule of thumb to follow is, 90% of your content should be about your industry or solutions for your customers and 10% about your own company.
- Have a plan of action to engage with your target audience. If they post a comment or send you a message, make sure that you respond back in a timely manner.
- Post consistently. Most businesses fail because the post things sporadically and no one ever gains interest in what they are offering due to the inconsistency.
What other tips could you add to our list above? Social media is definitely not going anywhere, so if you already haven’t started getting involved, now is the best time! If you need help with you social media efforts, contact us, and we will be glad to help!
Photo courtesy of flickr