In honor of small business week, I wanted to give everyone a treat today. Sometimes we all need some motivational quotes, and small businesses and small business owners can be especially empowered by these. Because I think it is so important, I actually make it a point each Monday to send out a little inspiration to our Superior Family.
So here are 10 inspirational quotes in honor of all the people that keep small and family-owned businesses together:
- “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” –Buckminster Fuller
- “You can’t do today’s job with yesterday’s methods and be in business tomorrow.” – George W. Bush
- “Fear has two meanings: Forget everything and run, or face everything and rise. The choice is yours.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Innovation almost always is not successful the first time out. You try something and it doesn’t work and it takes confidence to say we haven’t failed yet. Ultimately you become commercially successful.” – Clayton Christensen
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” – Norman Schwarzkopf
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is.” – Seth Godin
- “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” – Sr. Thomas Watson
- “We generate fears while we sit. We over come them by action. Fear is nature’s way of warning us to get busy.” – Dr. Henry Link
Do you have a favorite small business quote? Let us know about it! We hope these have left you with something to think about and something to make you THRIVE in 2015.