The number of people checking emails on mobile devices is increasing each day. You need to do a little research and see how much of your target audience is using their mobile phones before dedicating resources to optimize your emails for mobile. Every marketer knows that staying agile is difficult. But remember, losing customers hurts even more. You want to make it easy for your customers to read and understand the information you send them, and you will increase response rates even as you nurture brand loyalty. Below are some proven tactics that you should consider when optimizing your email campaigns for mobile devices.
- Make your email messages relevant to the immediate needs of your prospects. Skip the pre-headers and use that space for more important information.
- Avoid Flash and other “heavy” tools. Make sure that it’s relevant and readable; the key is simplicity.
- Make sure the call-to-action is clear. Test the URLs to make sure they are functional. Mobile device users have notoriously short attention spans, so make the most of the time you do have.
- Maintain consistency across all of your channels. Variability can erode the value of your product, so make certain your email campaign is integrated with the rest of the marketing team and consistency becomes standard.
- Digital marketing is interactive, find the right tools and track responses to email campaigns. Today’s analytics can empower you with valuable insights to make your offers ever more relevant and revising messages as needed.
With the right tools businesses are now able to do whatever is needed to continue building their customer relationships. We can offer the most relevant incentives and information. Have you integrated mobile into your email campaigns?
Photo courtesy of flickr